Friday, August 22

Campervan specs

What do I want in a campervan?

Well first, what I don't want. Basically, I find most of the professionally designed and built campervans claustrophobic. They fill the space with cupboards and gadgets and a bed leaving a narrow corridor down the center of this tiny van you can hardly turn around in. Not for me.

What I want is a hightop or poptop, long wheel-base van that is empty or mostly empty. I have a single matress, a solar oven and curtesy of Ulrike at the RBWH, a gas canister. I wouldn't turn my nose up at some basic camping gear, like an annex and some folding chairs and a table, but I can buy them myself. As well as some plastic storage bins and a DC fridge. I don't really want to spend extra thousands on a microwave and water pumps and electric/gas stove and cupboards and chemical toilet and .... They just take up too much room and I'd rather use the extra money making sure the van will run well and is in good nick.

So if anyone hears of a good deal on a van, let me know OK? The Ford Transit vans are a good size/shape and definitely dual fuel, ie. running on both petrol and gas. Preferably with at least a few months left on the rego and registered in Qld would be best, cause then I don't have to get a roadworthy every year.

No comments: